Our Lady of Grace runs a number of specific programs and activities which serve to enhance the children’s education and fulfil the Vision Statement. Along with an exceptionally strong academic program, the co-curricular program adds experience and a valuable dimension to the student’s education outside the classroom.
The families of OLG are fortunate in that the school is surrounded by community-based sporting teams and clubs, from surf lifesaving through to field hockey and much more. Because they are not available in the immediate area, the school fields a number of basketball teams and has a strong netball club.
In addition OLG is active in the ‘A’ Division of a large metropolitan interschool competition involving Swimming, Winter Sports, Basketball and Cross Country.
Children also have the opportunity to join the school chess club. Members come together during lunchtimes and are coached by staff and parents. The top players are involved in interschool chess tournaments.
Those who are interested may join the school band or one of two school choirs, which perform in the Catholic Schools Performing Arts Festival and the West Coast Choral Festival, as well as at school masses and special events.
Also on offer are:
- Remedial and Extension Programs
- Instrumental music tuition including piano, violin, woodwind and guitar.This range of instruments will be extended later in 2016.
- After school cooking classes
- Leadership Retreat. Year Six students are involved in preparation for the establishment of the Student Ministries
- Tournament of Minds Teams, an Australasian lateral thinking competition
- Step –Up, the prelude to our involvement in the annual Swampathon
- Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden
- Lego club
- Robotics Club
- Morning story reading