The most successful education for your child will come as the result of a sound, working partnership between the school and the family. Good communication is generally found at the core of successful partnerships. At OLG we make the effort to keep parents well informed about their child’s progress as well as general school life.
School – Parent Communication
- Weekly school newsletter available on-line or as a hard copy. Published on Wednesdays.
- SMS messages are sent as reminders of imminent events; for important alerts and if your child is absent from school without explanation.
- Informal chats with teachers, generally after school rather than before.
- Term One: Parent teacher meetings
- Term Two: Formal Reports and interviews. Three way interviews focussed on each child's development in terms of the keys to success: Persistence, Confidence, Organisation, getting along with others and Resiliance.
- Term Three: Learning Journeys
- Term Four: Formal reports and interviews.
- IEP Meetings are conducted in Terms One and Three for those students needing an Individual Education Plan.
Parent – School Communication
- Always meet with your child’s teacher if you have a concern. The sooner the better.
- After school is a good time to see your child’s teacher on an informal basis.
- Formal meetings with teachers may be arranged in person, by email or phone.
- Absentee notes may be emailed, phoned or hand written.
Parent, Students and Teacher Interviews - Three Way Interviews - Week 10
This term, interviews with parents, students and teachers will be held in Week 10 for Years PP-6.
They will be 15 minutes maximum each. If you require a longer interview, that can be arranged for another time.
For these interviews, we will again use the internet-based booking system called Parent Teacher Online (PTO). Using this system, you will be able to book the interview times that are most convenient for you from any internet connected computer, tablet or smartphone.
The URL is as follows:
Note: Enter your surname (or alternative login/username that may have been provided to you)