Our Lady of Grace School, established by the Dominican Sisters, was blessed and opened in 1954 by Archbishop Prendiville.
The school commenced with an enrolment of forty six children in Years One to Seven.
In 1957 a request from the Polish clergy of Perth was sent to the Order of the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth for them to assist Polish migrants assimilate into Australian society while also maintaining their Catholic faith, Polish language and culture.
Relocating from North America, Sr Chryszanta Karssek, (Superior from Chicago, Illinois), Sr Alexandra Sliwinska (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania), Sr Timothy Jankowska (Worcester, Massachusetts) and Sr Adria Wijas (Chicago, Illinois) arrived to a residence in Charles Street, North Perth, purchased for them by the Polish Community.
In 1958, the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth were invited to take over Our Lady of Grace School when the Dominican Sisters opened a new school in Doubleview. The new Order owned and operated OLG up until 2013 when they passed ownership to the Archbishop of Perth.
We are blessed to still have two Sisters on the staff of Our Lady of Grace.
Today, Our Lady of Grace School has an enrolment of over 540 primary children from Pre-Kindergarten through to Year Six.
About the Order
The Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth is an international congregation of religious women, founded in Rome in 1875, by Blessed Frances Siedliska.
The Sisters are called to extend the Kingdom of God’s love by imitating Jesus, Mary and Joseph whose lives were centred in the love of God and one another, and by witnessing to that love through dedicated service to the Church, especially in her ministry to the family.
The Sisters are engaged in various apostolates including education, child care, pastoral ministry and care for the aged. Currently the congregation participates in the mission of the Church in America, Europe, the Philippines and Australia.